[R-pkg-devel] Note on submission Found the following files/directories: 'NUL'

Fri Nov 25 11:10:39 CET 2022

В Fri, 25 Nov 2022 09:59:10 +0000
"ROTOLO, Federico /FR" <Federico.ROTOLO using sanofi.com> пишет:

> When submitting my package parfm, I get the following note
> Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
> Check: for non-standard things in the check directory, Result: NOTE
>   Found the following files/directories:
>     'NUL'
> so that my submission is rejected.
>
> I cannot find any file or directory called NUL in my package.
> Do you have any suggestion?

The file gets created during the check when you call sink('NUL'):
https://github.com/cran/parfm/blob/8c3f45291514aedde67cecf0b090ddd3487f3ada/R/parfm.R#L260-L299

It mostly works on Windows, where "nul" with any extension in any
directory is the null file, but it creates a file named 'NUL' on other
operating systems. It also breaks the non-default sink, if any was set
up by the user.

Does optimx::optimx produce output that can't be turned off otherwise?
(Does it help to set control$trace = 0?) Have you tried
suppressMessages() or capture.output() with nullfile()?

--
Best regards,
Ivan