[R-pkg-devel] request to remove/archive package from CRAN

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Wed Nov 23 16:14:59 CET 2022

On 23.11.2022 15:31, Ivan Krylov wrote:
> В Wed, 23 Nov 2022 13:50:01 +0000
> Kopperud <kopperud using protonmail.com> пишет:
>
>> Is it possible to request for a package to be removed/archived from
>> CRAN?
>
> The policy implies it should be possible:

For the records:
Names are presistent on CRAN, therefore please decide very carefully
before the initial submission about the name. CRAN generally does not
allow for name changes (and maybe we did not spot it for the case at hand).

>>> Packages will not normally be removed from CRAN: however, they may
>>> be archived, including at the maintainer’s request.
>
> I think you need to contact CRAN using R-project.org to ask for the archival.

Yes, please write to CRAN using ... and also mention the name for the
replacement package in the same message.

Best,
Uwe Ligges