[R-pkg-devel] How ton print in the console from Rcpp

Mon Nov 14 16:09:24 CET 2022

Ivan,

Thanks for following-up but I think this issue is local to the OP as R is
already setup exactly that way to skip `assert()` in builds (in perfect
congruence with the CRAN Repository Policy)

  edd using rob:~$ grep NDEBUG /etc/R/Makeconf
  R_XTRA_CPPFLAGS =  -I"$(R_INCLUDE_DIR)" -DNDEBUG
  ALL_CPPFLAGS =  -I"$(R_INCLUDE_DIR)" -DNDEBUG $(PKG_CPPFLAGS) $(CLINK_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS)
  edd using rob:~$

Armadillo (upstream) is very widely used, RcppArmadillo is now used by over
1000 packages and had (by partial counts from the subset of CRAN mirrors
offering logs) over 25 million downloads. I would be rather surprised if
there were a systemic issue we have not seen. So per Occam's Razor, I would
look under a different street light.

Best, Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org