[R-pkg-devel] CRAN index replaces ampersand in BugReports URL with HTML entity

Mikael Jagan j@g@nmn2 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 7 16:48:34 CET 2022

Hello,

It was raised on the Matrix bug tracker [1] that the BugReports URL
on the CRAN index [2] is broken.  The URL in our DESCRIPTION file [3]
is fine, but contains an ampersand, which is improperly replaced with
the corresponding HTML entity in the HTML sources of the index.

Hence this does not affect bug.report(package="Matrix"), but _does_
make our bug tracker inaccessible to people accustomed to visiting
the CRAN page for links.

Can this be repaired?

Mikael

[1] https://r-forge.r-project.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=6787&group_id=61&atid=294