[R-pkg-devel] Examples with CPU time is greater than elapsed time.

Jiaming Yuan jm@yu@n @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Sat Nov 5 15:41:45 CET 2022

Hi all,

I tried to submit an update to the xgboost package but didn't pass the
pre-tests with the following note (solved the other one, but this one is
a bit confusing):

```
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
   Examples with CPU time > 2.5 times elapsed time
                        user system elapsed ratio
   cb.gblinear.history 1.454  0.017    0.49 3.002

```

I can't reproduce the note on win-builder:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/ as it's running on Windows but the
note appears on debian tests. I'm not able to reproduce it on my local
machine either with Ubuntu 22.04. I'm wondering what the note is trying
to tell me and how can I resolve it with confidence.

The full log is here:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/xgboost_1.7.1.1_20221104_194252/Debian/00check.log
.

Many thanks!