[R-pkg-devel] Cannot submit package due to false-positive rejection

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Oct 31 16:59:24 CET 2022

On 29.10.2022 14:14, Jamie Lentin wrote:
> On 2022-10-28 20:48, Ying Li via R-package-devel wrote:
>>> Flavor: r-devel-windows-x86_64
>>> Check: examples, Result: NOTE
>>>  Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 10s
>>>       user system elapsed
>>>  RDM 40.05   0.89   40.94
>>
>> Explain:  This is because a large dataset is used in the example. An
>> example with large dataset is necessary, as this package is meant for
>> analyzing large datasets.
>
> Wrapping with \donttest{} may help here. Despite the name, CMD check
> --as-cran *will* run these tests, but will not be subject to the same
> time restrictions.

Well, we run these on CRAN from time to time, but R CMD check --as-cran
does not run them.

I dom not believe you need a large data frame for the examples: The
exanmples are intended to show users how you call the function and pass
the arguments. You do not need to demonstrate that you can run it on
huge data, as your users don't want to wait for hours in order to see
the principles of the function call ....

Best,
Uwe Ligges