[R-pkg-devel] Unable to create manual

Edward Wei edwwe|2020 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 3 17:03:20 CEST 2022

Hello Ivan.

The Does list.files(pattern = 'utils|Rout\\.fail') gave me something like
an empty string.

So after getting some in-person help on this issue, the key to resolving
this error was explicitly defining the environmental variables in the
console as:

set
PDFLATEX=C:\Users\edmon\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX\miktex\bin\x64\pdflatex

set
MAKEINDEX=C:\Users\edmon\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX\miktex\bin\x64\makeindex

The makeindex was a package I was apparently missing for MikTex and I had
to download it as part of generating the manual.

I would have to set up the environmental variables every time that R got
started in order for the R CMD check to run smoothly.

Best regards,