[R-pkg-devel] Help - Shiny app on CRAN

Mon Sep 26 21:17:18 CEST 2022

It might be easier to help you if you show us your package by
publishing the source code somewhere.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2022 22:22:48 +0400
"Jahajeeah, Havisha" <hjahajeeah using utm.ac.mu> wrote:

> CIvalue2: no visible global function definition for 'qt'
> andgm11: no visible binding for global variable 'ParticleSwarm'
> andgm11: no visible global function definition for 'tail'
> app: no visible global function definition for 'shinyApp'
> dbgm12: no visible binding for global variable 'ParticleSwarm'

It sounds like your NAMESPACE file isn't properly set up to import the
functions you're using. For the package to work correctly, it should
contain lines

importFrom(stats, qt)
importFrom(utils, tail)
importFrom(shiny, shinyApp)

and so on for every function you use that's not in base.

See Writing R Extensions section 1.5:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Specifying-imports-and-exports

> Objects in \usage without \alias in documentation object 'Plots':
>   'plots'

A single Rd file can describe multiple functions, but they should be
both mentioned in the \usage{} section and as an \alias{}. Do you
export two different objects (functions?) named "plots" and "Plots", or
is one of those an error?

> Bad \usage lines found in documentation object 'BackgroundValues':
>   gm11(x0), epgm11(x0), tbgm11(x0), igm11(x0), gm114(x0)

The \usage{} section must exactly match the definition of the function
(but you can omit default values of the arguments if they're too large
and not very informative), without any other words or punctuation.

Once your package passes the automated tests, a human volunteer will go
over your package to make sure that it fits the CRAN policy (not
providing a link because you've already read it when you submitted the
package), which includes having good documentation for every function
you export.

See Writing R Extensions section 2 for more information on this:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Writing-R-documentation-files

I've also noticed that you're showing us an error message from the CRAN
pre-test infrastructure. You can get these errors (and start fixing
them) faster without spending time waiting for the test result by
running R CMD check --as-cran your_package.tar.gz on your own machine.

--
Best regards,
Ivan