[R-pkg-devel] Package ‘wflo’ was removed from the CRAN repository.

Lluís Revilla ||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 22 15:32:52 CEST 2022

Hi Carsten,

This seems to be an unfortunate chain of events between different packages:
RcppMLPACK -> emstreeR -> wflo

Package RcppMLPACK was archived on 2021-12-20 as issues were not corrected
despite reminders.
This resulted in the package emstreeR being archived on 2021-12-20 as
requires archived package 'RcppMLPACK'.
Which also resulted in your package, wflo, being archived.
Later, emstreeR was unarchived on 2022-03-21 after a successful submission
improving the dependencies (probably removing the dependency to RcppMLPACK).
You can see the source of this info on
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.in

About the emails, usually maintainers whose package depends on a package
that is about to be removed receive an email with a date by which they
should fix the problems.
But, as I am not part of the CRAN team I cannot check it.

I would recommend preparing a new submission with all the errors and
warnings fixed.
Note that I think the package will be checked as a new package.

Best,

Lluís