[R-pkg-devel] Svar: Warning about ggplot although no ggplot is used anywhere in the package

Kristian Hovde Liland kr|@t|@n@|||@nd @end|ng |rom nmbu@no
Thu Sep 22 13:49:45 CEST 2022

>On 21/09/2022 5:09 p.m., Riko Kelter wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I ran R CMD check --as-cran without any errors. However, when I run a check on the current version of r-devel I obtain the following strange error about some ggplot function:
>> * installing *source* package 'fbst' ...
>> ** using staged installation
>> ** R
>> ** inst
>> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
>> Warning message:
>> The `size` argument of `element_line()` is deprecated as of ggplot2 3.4.0.
>> Please use the `linewidth` argument instead.
<> The weird thing is: Although my package fbst depends on the package rstanarm which itself imports ggplot,
<> (1) no package code uses ggplot in any form,
>> (2) no examples use any ggplot commands and
<> (3) no vignette uses any ggplot command.

>> Logs are available at https://win-builder.r-project.org/CX36AbHDU6Tl/
<> I am thankful for any suggestion why this error occurs.
<> All the best and kind regards,
>> Riko
>
>Could you provide the source for the package?  I can see the DESCRIPTION
>file at win-builder, but can't install it myself since I don't use Windows.
>
>Duncan Murdoch

In the NAMESPACE file it looks like you are importing from the 'viridis' package, which again imports 'ggplot', though I am not sure which function you are actually importing as importFrom("viridis", "viridis") does not match any function that I can see is exported by the package. Maybe you are unintentionally invoking a part of ggplot through viridis?

Regards,
Kristian Hovde Liland