[R-pkg-devel] Unable to create manual

Matthias Gondan m@tth|@@-gond@n @end|ng |rom gmx@de
Mon Sep 12 16:20:29 CEST 2022

You may wish to check first if pdflatex works from the folder, i.e.

C:\Users\edmon\Documents\R\RFIN> pdflatex

The problem with Rd.sty may be unrelated.

Von: Edward Wei
Gesendet: Montag, 12. September 2022 15:09
An: r-package-devel using r-project.org
Betreff: [R-pkg-devel] Unable to create manual

This is the following error message I get from R CMD check:

LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
* checking PDF version of manual without index ... ERROR
Re-running with no redirection of stdout/stderr.
Hmm ... looks like a package
Converting parsed Rd's to LaTeX ...
Creating pdf output from LaTeX ...
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in running tools::texi2pdf()
You may want to clean up by 'rm -Rf
C:/Users/edmon/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpWkD7Iy/Rd2pdf35d81e3e188c'
* DONE

Then, I tried debugging by isolating errors from the Rd to PDF conversion.

C:\Users\edmon\Documents\R\RFIN> R CMD Rd2pdf avfintools --no-clean
Hmm ... looks like a package
Converting Rd files to LaTeX ...
Creating pdf output from LaTeX ...
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in running tools::texi2pdf()
You may want to clean up by 'rm -Rf .Rd2pdf27964'

In this folder is the file Rd2.tex which I tried to complie into a pdf. But
this error returns and PDF cannot be compiled. :

LaTeX Error: File `Rd.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.4 \usepackage
               {makeidx}^^M
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Thanks for your help,