[R-pkg-devel] Package DOI format - created with Roxygen

Fri Sep 9 22:09:56 CEST 2022

This *may* be a false positive: it probably has to do with the issue
that DOIs fail when they are checked by CRAN because proxies used by the
publishers (Cloudflare etc.) detect automated queries and reject them.

   This has been discussed on r-package-devel *fairly* recently (last
few months?), but I can't find it.

   Related: Do people have good strategies for searching R mailing
lists? All the searchable aggregators I know about (gmane, nabble) are
defunct by now.  Googling with site:stat.ethz.ch isn't sufficiently
precise.  (I'd like to be able to do "full-text search for <xxxx> on
r-package-devel".)

   cheers
    Ben Bolker

On 9/9/22 6:27 AM, Knut Krueger wrote:

> Hi to all,
>

> The error message from Cran:
>
> The DOIs are  available.
> What is wrong with the format of the references? They are unchanged for
> a long time  version but now there are errors at this submission:
> -------------------------------------
>
> New submission
>
> Package was archived on CRAN
>
> Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>     ADI (6:37, 8:9)
>     FDI (6:71, 8:13)
>     Hemelrijk (8:17)
>     Musicnotition (8:131)
>     Vries (8:78)
>     al (8:30, 8:87)
>     de (8:75)
>     et (8:27, 8:84)
>
> Found the following (possibly) invalid DOIs:
>     DOI: 10.1163/156853905774405290
>       From: DESCRIPTION
>       From: DESCRIPTION
>       Message: 403

> #' @return returns a list with\cr
> #'ADI - the Average Dominance index\cr
> #'Colors - the colors supported by vcolors sorted by ADI of the items\cr
> #'ADI_count_matrix - the counts from which the ADI was calculated\cr
> #' @author Knut Krueger, \email{Knut.Krueger using equine-science.de}
> #' @references {
> #' The Construction of Dominance Order: Comparing Performance of Five
> Methods Using an Individual-Based Model C. K. Hemelrijk, J. Wantia and
> L. Gygax, Behaviour Vol. 142, No. 8 (Aug., 2005), pp. 1037-1058
> #' \doi{10.1163/156853905774405290}\cr
> #'On using the DomWorld model to evaluate dominance ranking methods , de
> Vries, Han,  Behaviour, Volume 146, Number 6, 2009 , pp. 843-869(27)
> #'\doi{10.1163/156853909X412241}
> #' }
>

> Kind regards Knut

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics