[R-pkg-devel] Error checking in an independent C code and printing (perror, printf, etc.)

Wed Sep 7 16:03:16 CEST 2022

On 7 September 2022 at 11:58, Ivan Krylov wrote:
| there at all. On the other hand, my package that uses the
| R_InitOutPStream and R_Serialize entry points seems to have passed the
| CRAN review. A table of all public entry points including short
| descriptions and whether they allocate could be very useful.

And there is RApiSerialize:  https://cran.r-project.org/package=RApiSerialize

It takes R Core code and provides it in a package. That allows R Core to one
day change the non-exported API (so far it hasn't happened in the eight years
since the 0.1.0 release) yet lets packages use serialization: RcppRedis and
the excellent qs package make use of it.

Tip of the hat to the Rhpc package for the idea.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org