[R-pkg-devel] Advice on elegant way to alias function name

Fri Sep 2 22:34:02 CEST 2022

On 2 September 2022 at 16:22, J C Nash wrote:
| And I believe I've got the roxygen2 tags to work in Rstudio. In R itself,
| roxygen2 gives an error
|      Error: invalid version specification ‘0.68’
| though the string '0.68' appears nowhere in my package according to grep.
| I have no idea what this is about, especially as Rstudio works fine.

An unrelated, documented, yet unfixed bug in 'cli' affecting packages using it.

You need to define (in .Renviron, or via bash for your login, or system wide)
the variable VTE_VERSION with any value, for example '1' will do.

E.g. I call roxygen on the shell via 'roxy.r' from littler and my command
history has a few

   VTE_VERSION=1 roxy.r

It also bit me in 'rhub' and other packages communicating via 'cli'.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org