[R-pkg-devel] Advice concerning a wrapper package

RICHET Yann y@nn@r|chet @end|ng |rom |r@n@|r
Tue Aug 9 16:38:14 CEST 2022

Dear all,

This is a slightly exotic situation: I need to publish on CRAN an R package, which do not hold any source code itself, just makefiles and scripts.
The whole source code belongs to another project (C++, python, R, ...) and for now I put it in another directory at same level that R, inst, ...
Indeed, this directory is a git submodule of the wrapped project in C++, so my R package has just some scripts for pre-compile stuff, moving some dirs, ...

Of course, it returns some CRAN WARNING and NOTE due to that:
* checking top-level files ... NOTE
Non-standard file/directory found at top level:
  'libKriging'
* checking package subdirectories ... WARNING
Subdirectory 'src' contains no source files.
* checking use of PKG_*FLAGS in Makefiles ... NOTE
   PKG_CPPFLAGS set in 'src/Makevars' without any corresponding files
   PKG_CXXFLAGS set in 'src/Makevars.win' without any corresponding files
   PKG_CPPFLAGS set in 'src/Makevars.win' without any corresponding files
* checking use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles ... NOTE
  src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS without any C++ files
  src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but linking is by C

My questions:

* any ideas to fix these warnings ?
* what will be really blocking for CRAN submisison ? (I mean which NOTE should be 'tolerated' ?)
* do you already know such exotic container-package that could hold some good ideas ?

Best regards,

Yann