[R-pkg-devel] About the CRAN policy on downloading pre-compiled binary

Hiroaki Yutani yut@n|@|n| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 27 09:03:25 CEST 2022

Thank you. I'll read the policy again more carefully.

> but you are not downloading sources.

The case is that, I include the Rust source code, but since the CRAN's
Windows & macOS machines don't have the Rust compiler installed, there's no
choice but to download the pre-compiled binary (other than downloading the
Rust compiler).

> In either case, of course if there is anything unclear in an email from
> CRAN, you can simply respond to that and ask.

Thanks, I already responded with what I wrote above, so I hope I can get
the reply.
But, since the CRAN team might be on vacation now, I wanted to get some
advice on this mailing list.
Thanks for your help!

Best,
Yutani