[R-pkg-devel] No news entries found

Plamen Mirazchiyski p|@men@m|r@zch|y@k| @end|ng |rom |ner|@org
Thu Jul 7 21:55:06 CEST 2022

Hi,

Today I have submitted a new version of the RALSA package. Soon after I
received an automatic email letting me know that the package did not
pass some of the pre-tests:

> package RALSA_1.3.0.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
> Windows:<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/RALSA_1.3.0_20220707_190307/Windows/00check.log>
>
> Last released version's CRAN status: OK: 9, NOTE: 4
> See:<https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_RALSA.html>

To summarize:

1. Windows checks found possibly invalid DOIs. This is to be ignored, as
stated here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/r-package-devel@r-project.org/msg07116.html

2. Windows, Debian (gcc) and Fedora (clang and gcc) drop the following note:

checking package subdirectories ... NOTE
Problems with news in 'NEWS.md':
No news entries found.

This is rather strange because I have added one of the largest news
updates I ever made for this package in the NEWS.md file with this
submission. Further, this note appears only in these four of the 13
platforms where the package is checked.

Apparently, this is beyond my control and I can do nothing to fix it on
my end. I have already replied to the email to notify the
CRAN-submissions using R-project.org this is a false-positive as advised in
the email itself, but I thought the mailing list should also be aware of
this issue.

Best,
Plamen

--