[R-pkg-devel] Sort order of vignette index?; adding purl'ed Rcode from asis vignette to vignette index?

Carl Schwarz c@chw@rz@t@t@|uc@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 2 19:39:30 CEST 2022

Thanks for the suggestions.

(a) Unfortunately, if you place the index.html directly into the inst/doc
directory, it is overwritten when the package source file (*tar.gz) is
created and then installed.
This is using RStudio on a Mac.... I did not try this on a Windows machine.

But other files that you place in the inst/doc file are left alone and are
listed under the vignette index when you follow the "User guides, package
vignettes and other documentation" link.

So strange that the index is overwritten but other files are left alone.

(b) The relative links that are generated are quite long, e.g. <a
href="../../../library/SightabilityModel/doc/c-MoosePopR-SightabilityPopR-Demo.html">HTML</a>
and I don't fully understand where the "current" directory is when you
follow the "User guides, package vignettes and other
documentation" requiring you to go back up the directory tree and then go
back down.
I copied and modified these odd links for my other files and it worked fine.

(c) I have not tried the index.Rmd approach...

Carl.