[R-pkg-devel] DOI / URL issues in package vignettes

Wed May 18 12:56:34 CEST 2022

В Wed, 18 May 2022 12:06:03 +1000
Joshua Wiley <jwiley.psych using gmail.com> пишет:

> curl -I -L https://doi.org/10.1037/met0000434
>
> gives the below on my system, which (I think?) means you get the
> expected redirect for a DOI and then a 403 forbidden error.  On the
> win-builder.r-project.org service (which is fantastic) I get a status
> 400 bad request.
>
> For other DOIs, I am regularly getting a 503 service unavailable
> status from both curl on my machine and winbuilder, but working fine
> in browser (e.g., for:   https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.7171).

Many journals employ overzealous anti-robot protection systems that
discriminate against URL checks performed by R, but as long as the DOI
itself is correct, the package is likely to be accepted by CRAN despite
the NOTE resulting from the failing check. You can mention it in the
submission comment to be sure.

--
Best regards,
Ivan