[R-pkg-devel] check_rhub NOTEs

Tue May 10 22:00:57 CEST 2022

   AFAIK these are harmless.

   * It seems unlikely that your vignette PDFs would be OK on Linux but
too large under Windows.

   * the last thing is I think a known false positive, but I can't find
the posts on this list ...

On 5/10/22 3:55 PM, Walter, Vonn wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I got the NOTEs listed below from the Windows Server 2022, R-devel, 64 bit when I ran devtools::check_rhub() on an undated version of a package that I plan to submit to CRAN.  There were no problems on either Fedora Linux or Ubuntu Linux.  Any thoughts on a solution, or can I ignore these NOTEs and take the next steps towards submission?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Vonn Walter
>

> * checking sizes of PDF files under 'inst/doc' ... NOTE
>
> Unable to find GhostScript executable to run checks on size reduction
>
> * checking for detritus in the temp directory ... NOTE
>
> Found the following files/directories:
>    'lastMiKTeXException'
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics