[R-pkg-devel] Error in r-devel-windows-x86_64 check: package not found.

Sat Apr 30 17:09:20 CEST 2022

    > I recently updated a package in CRAN. Though it passed the
    > r-devel-linux-x86_64
    > <https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_flavors.html#r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang>
    > flavors, I saw an error with r-devel-windows-x86_64
    > <https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-x86_64/BRISC-00check.html>.

    > The error says "Error : package 'RANN' required by 'BRISC'
    > could not be found" The detailed report can be found at
    > https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-x86_64/BRISC-00install.html

    > I was wondering if there is anything to be done on my
    > behalf to circumvent this problem, Please let me know if I
    > can provide you with any additional information,

    > thanks, Arka

Fortunately, this has been a transitional bug in R-devel, and is
unrelated to the Windows / non-Windows differences:

It's been caused by fixing R bugzilla PR#18331  w/ NEWS entry

    * library() now passes its lib.loc argument when requiring Depends
      packages; reported (with fix) in PR#18331 by Mikael Jagan.

and the orginal change (svn rev 82284) inadvertantly "killed"
correct working of install.packages()  in some not too
unfrequent cases.

I've looked for you at
   https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-windows-x86_64/BRISC-00check.txt
and see that indeed the BRISC installation had happened with
R-devel svn r88285 which contains this bug.

This newly introduced bug (yesterday) has now been fixed, 28h
later (with svn r88287).
It's been my fault  (and fix).

Martin