[R-pkg-devel] help with BLAS/LAPACK version debugging

Fri Apr 29 00:29:55 CEST 2022

   I have not sorted it out yet [cc'ing the list for the record]

Kurt Hornik said

"It seems one needs a current release version of OpenBLAS (0.3.20) plus
a version of R-devel configured to use this for the system LAPACK"

   I finally got around to trying this on the rocker/r-devel image,
which is built on Debian testing/unstable (I had previously been using
rocker/verse for convenience in installing packages), so that we have a
more recent BLAS:

BLAS:   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/libblas.so.3
LAPACK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/libopenblasp-r0.3.20.so

   I still fail to reproduce CRAN's problem. I'm not sure whether the R
version on rocker/r-devel satisfies KH's "a version of R-devel
configured to use this for the system LAPACK" - it certainly *seems*
that way but I may be missing something.

   In the meantime,

   * CRAN reverted their platform config so the problem has temporarily
gone away
   * I added code that I think will avoid this problem to the devel
version anyway (without having been able to diagnose it in detail)

   cheers
    Ben

--
Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University