[R-pkg-devel] Strange CRAN WARN: useraccount - Alias wurde nicht gefunden.

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 28 15:55:52 CEST 2022

On 4/28/22 15:08, Dominik Cullmann via R-package-devel wrote:
> Dear All,
> I get a strange warning in German (!?) here: https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_packager.html
> It hints to sections
> - 'Generic functions and methods',
> - 'System and foreign language interfaces' and
> - 'Writing R documentation files'
> in 'Writing R Extensions'.
> The error occurs on windows only (so far).
> I can't reproduce the error (I don't have a windows machine), but I am sure that
> I don't have or refer to any object called `useraccount` in that package.
>
> Has anybody have any idea, hint or suggestion?

In my checks running on another Windows 2022 server, in an English
locale, the messages are "No Instance(s) Available." This also suggests
it is not a configuration problem on the check server.

In principle you could also use a free Windows virtual machine for the
debugging:

Windows 11 (currently limited until July 10)
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines

Windows 10 (an old one, limited to 90 days)
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms
https://blog.r-project.org/2021/03/18/virtual-windows-machine-for-checking-r-packages/index.html

Or you can also instrument your package and submit to say Winbuilder and
debug that way.

Best
Tomas