[R-pkg-devel] Should the LaTeX package pdfpages be available for use in vignettes?

Greg Hunt greg @end|ng |rom ||rm@n@y@h@com
Sat Apr 23 10:05:48 CEST 2022

I want to incorporate a static PDF (created from LaTeX source separately
from the R package) into an R package as a vignette.  One approach I found
was to use the LaTeX pdfpages package, which works fine locally and on some
but is not present in all RHub environments.  Is the use of pdfpages a
viable approach?  What is the set of LaTeX packages that can be assumed?

I tried using R.rsp as an alternative but it did not work for me and I
stopped trying it because I had an approach that appeared to work.