[R-pkg-devel] GitHub error

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Thu Apr 21 03:16:28 CEST 2022

Hello, All:

	  When I do "git pull", I get "error: Your local changes to the
following files would be overwritten by merge: .DS_Store .gitignore
inst/.DS_Store".

	  I've done "git rm --cached .DS_Store", etc., which some web page told
me would remove ".DS_Store" from GitHub but not from my local copy.
Then when I try, "git push", I get "! [rejected] // master -> master
(non-fast-forward) // error: failed to push some refs to
'github.com:JamesRamsay5/fda.git'".

	  What do you suggest?  Manually delete those files from the GitHub
repository?

	  Thanks,
	  Spencer Graves

p.s.  This is with "https://github.com/JamesRamsay5/fda".