[R-pkg-devel] [External] Single page reference manual in html format

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Mon Apr 18 23:56:46 CEST 2022

I am pleased to have an html option for all the reasons that have been discussed.

I am opposed to dropping the pdf version.  I find it much more convenient to have a document where the
paragraphs and figures stay where you put them, and not wander around based on accidents of window size and magnification.  I like stable page numbers as well as section numbers.

Having both html and pdf would be consistent with the other documentation:

> system(paste("open", file.path(base::system.file(), "../../doc/manual/R-exts.pdf")))
> system(paste("open", file.path(base::system.file(), "../../doc/manual/R-exts.html")))

Rich