[R-pkg-devel] CRAN check linux gcc12 Boost error

jérémy Gelb ge|bjeremy22 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Apr 10 20:32:23 CEST 2022

Dear all,

A package I am developing is encountering an error on the platform
(r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc) since CRAN decided to force the use of
gcc12.

The error is caused by the use of the bh package and the c++ Boost geometry
library. Boost is not supposed to be compiled with gcc12 (
https://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_78_0.html), but I really
would like to continue to use it in my package.

Is there a way to ensure that an "older" version (11 should be fine) is
available and used when the package is installed and display an error
message otherwise?

Thank you !
--

*Jérémy GELB*
Assistant de recherche à l'*INRS*

514 658 6054
gelbjeremy22 using gmail.com
F-4221 Avenue Coloniale H2W2C3 Montréal Quebec