[R-pkg-devel] handling of byte-order-mark on r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang machine

Wed Apr 6 10:23:52 CEST 2022

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 20:20:37 +0200
Tomas Kalibera <tomas.kalibera using gmail.com> wrote:

> I've rewritten the paragraphs, biasing towards users who have UTF-8
> as the native encoding as this is going to be the majority.

Thank you!

> But the level of detail I think needs to remain as long as these
> features are supported - the level of detail is based on numerous
> questions and bug reports.

Of course, all these features have their use cases and it's important
to stay backwards compatible, including the documentation.

I would also like to apologise to Dan for leading him on a wild goose
chase that didn't bring him passing read.csv-related tests in the end.

--
Best regards,
Ivan