[R-pkg-devel] rmarkdown vignette build failures?

Tue Apr 5 18:00:22 CEST 2022

   I'm sure I'm doing something silly, but I've recently started having
a problem building vignettes (with R Under development (unstable)
(2022-04-05 r82094) -- "Unsuffered Consequences")

   Is anyone else seeing this?

$ R CMD build broom.mixed
* checking for file ‘broom.mixed/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* preparing ‘broom.mixed’:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to build vignettes
* creating vignettes ...Error in find_vignette_product(name, by =
"weave", dir = docdir, engine = engine) :
   Failed to locate ‘weave’ output file ‘broom_mixed_intro.pdf’ or
‘broom_mixed_intro.html’ for vignette with name ‘broom_mixed_intro’ and
engine ‘utils::Sweave’. The following files exist in working directory
‘/tmp/Rtmp7rjAe4/Rbuild3978f3146b8cd8/broom.mixed/vignettes’:
‘broom_mixed_intro.rmd’ (6322 bytes)
Execution halted

   The weird thing here is that I don't see why R is trying to use
utils::Sweave ?  The DESCRIPTION file has VignetteBuilder: knitr and the
head of the vignette file has

vignette: >
   %\VignetteIndexEntry{introduction to broom.mixed}
   %\VignetteEngine{knitr::rmarkdown}
   \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

  I could swear this used to work ...

   cheers