[R-pkg-devel] vignette build failure on rhub macos-m1 platform (missing pandoc?)

Wed Mar 30 02:58:03 CEST 2022

     After a rather painful remote debugging process, I've figured out
(I think) that the 'macos-m1-bigsur-release' platform on r-hub doesn't
have pandoc, and doesn't have it in a way that breaks
rmarkdown::pandoc_available(), so that trying to build an Rmarkdown
vignette fails with a cryptic "subscript out of bounds" error.

   Is this something people have seen before?
   Recommendations about whether it's better to raise it as an issue
with (1) rmarkdown maintainers, (2) r-hub maintainers, or (3) both?

    cheers
     Ben Bolker