[R-pkg-devel] Fixing package issues on a previous version of your package

Dalgleish, James (NIH/NCI) [F] j@me@@d@|g|e|@h @end|ng |rom n|h@gov
Tue Mar 29 22:56:11 CEST 2022

Hello!

There was an odd error (probably just a hiccup in installation as Hmisc should be on the server, yet the server doesn't seem to know where the Hmisc package is) that shows on an old version of my package. Is there a way to resubmit an old version to force the system to check it again? I'm certain that Hmisc should exist on the check server, so it seems like a fluke. I can deal with the other issues I need to fix, but that one is a bit baffling:
* installing *source* package 'CNVScope' ...
** package 'CNVScope' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** using staged installation
** R
** data
*** moving datasets to lazyload DB
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
  there is no package called 'Hmisc'
Calls: <Anonymous> ... loadNamespace -> withRestarts -> withOneRestart -> doWithOneRestart
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'CNVScope'
* removing 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/4.0/CNVScope'
* restoring previous 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/4.0/CNVScope'
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-oldrel-windows-ix86+x86_64/CNVScope-00install.html

I know how to deal with the other issues, but does anyone else have an idea how they've dealt with something like this?

Best,
James Dalgleish
Cancer Genetics Branch,
National Cancer Institute,