[R-pkg-devel] latex related error in generating pdf manual

Chris Lloyd C@L|oyd @end|ng |rom mb@@edu
Wed Mar 23 05:03:04 CET 2022

Thanks so much. That worked!

Chris J. Lloyd
Professor of Business Statistics
Melbourne Business School
200 Leicester Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053 Australia
T:  +61 3 9349 8228
E:  c.lloyd using mbs.edu<mailto:c.lloyd using mbs.edu>  |  www.mbs.edu<http://www.mbs.edu/>

"The most damaging thing you learned in school wasn't something you learned in any specific class. It was learning to get good grades". Paul Graham<http://paulgraham.com/lesson.html>

From: Rafael Ayala Hernandez <Rafael.AyalaHernandez using oist.jp>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 March 2022 2:46 PM
To: Chris Lloyd <C.Lloyd using mbs.edu>; r-package-devel using r-project.org
Subject: RE: latex related error in generating pdf manual

Hi Chris, The error is probably due to not having a TeX distribution installed on your Windows machine (or not having properly set up path for it). texi2dvi is called automatically in the automatic process of generating the consolidated PDF

Hi Chris,

The error is probably due to not having a TeX distribution installed on your Windows machine (or not having properly set up path for it). texi2dvi is called automatically in the automatic process of generating the consolidated PDF manual, so no worries that it is not present in your R code. It comes from package tools

You can install for example the MiKTeX distribution from here https://miktex.org/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/miktex.org/__;!!ArRwEOZWieQ!VBcLm8sSSRgFat2LGpBFc5OoLPAPs_m2Q2rM1SEInDqWoQC_f6Q4y7XhOCDJEPSGozaC9Mtlj_g7jnHKz4q5ZG7kAI8$>

Maybe give that a shot? Unless you have it installed already!

Best wishes,

Rafa