[R-pkg-devel] Setting OpenMP threads (globally) for an R package

Fri Mar 18 13:30:53 CET 2022

On 18 March 2022 at 11:04, Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wrote:
| Leaving aside whether this whole discussion is really related to the issue that Evan is facing, just for the record, the appropriate environmental variables for different BLAS implementations are:
|
| For OpenBLAS: OPENBLAS_NUM_THREADS
| For BLIS:     BLIS_NUM_THREADS
| For MKL:      MKL_NUM_THREADS

Helpful list but keep in mind that some implementations also listen to the other env.vars.

I have found RhpcBLASctl to do the job quite reliably.

| For Atlas, the number of threads is predetermined at compile time.

Worth keeping in mind its focus is on tuning compile-time parameters, not multithreading.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org