[R-pkg-devel] R-bloggers and vignettes

Michael Barr m|ke @end|ng |rom b|ke@ctu@ry@com
Thu Mar 10 22:00:09 CET 2022

Hi again -

Hope this is not misplaced, but I have a question related more to publishing a release note on r-bloggers. My site is already fed into r-bloggers and I've put a couple posts there. But with my first package I'm wondering if it is bad form to blog the entire vignette on your own site (and by extension on r-bloggers) when it is rather long with many examples. Is there any convention here, for example:

- publish just the first x% of the vignette, with a read more link to the full write up posted elsewhere (either the CRAN hosted or somewhere else on your own blog)
- write a separate, more condensed version that gets across the main points (say with less examples)
- publish the whole thing and it's fine

Just looking for thoughts on what others like or expect to see. Thanks

Mike