[R-pkg-devel] Package accepted, then an error to fix by 3/22

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Wed Mar 9 01:54:52 CET 2022

Michael,

> On Mar 9, 2022, at 1:29 PM, Michael Barr <mike using bikeactuary.com> wrote:
>
> Hi - thanks for the reply. Yes I built this vignette probably over 150 times through the course of working out other NOTES, via rhub::check_for_cran, devtools::check, devtools::build_vignette, R CMD CHECK, some other devtools function which checks for win devel the exact name of which escapes me atm…
>
> Also this made it past the CRAN submission process, newbies pipeline == higher touch as I understand.
>
> I’m curious why I make it past so many different checks prior to publishing.

I would suspect it's because the results in your vignette are not fixed, but rely on web queries, so it just so happens that the first entry that you print changed in the NIH database and now triggers the problem. This issue has not been picked up because presumably the previous result was shorter.

> Not surprised it is latex related though. I will look up the character limit for latex to fix this.
>
> One follow up question - after I make this correction, would the expectation be to increment the version for a patch (0.1.1) when I submit to cran?

Yes, you have to increase the version number on each submission.

Cheers,
Simon