[R-pkg-devel] Package accepted, then an error to fix by 3/22

Michael Barr m|ke @end|ng |rom b|ke@ctu@ry@com
Tue Mar 8 17:37:44 CET 2022

Hi - had my first package accepted yesterday and published on CRAN. Immediately after, I get an auto email from Prof Ripley stating there is an error to be corrected or else the package  will be archived. See the relevant message from check results link below.

>From Google it appears to be related to a graphic in my vignette though not entirely certain of that. I have precisely one image in my vignette; I�ve passed all the checks locally and for the CRAN submission, so I am stumped how to go about reproducing this error or fixing it. Looking for advice.

Thanks
Mike

   ! Dimension too large.
    \lsthk using InitVarsEOL ->\ifdim \lst using currlwidth
     >\lst using maxwidth \global \lst using maxw...
    l.857 ...nt  pharmacologic  approaches.    "

    Error: processing vignette 'repoRter_nih.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
    LaTeX failed to compile /data/gannet/ripley/R/packages/tests-clang/repoRter.nih.Rcheck/vign_test/repoRter.nih/vignettes/repoRter_nih.tex. See https://yihui.org/tinytex/r/#debugging for debugging tips. See repoRter_nih.log for more info.
    --- failed re-building �repoRter_nih.Rmd�

    SUMMARY: processing the following file failed:
     �repoRter_nih.Rmd�

    Error: Vignette re-building failed.
    Execution halted
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang<https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang/repoRter.nih-00check.html>