[R-pkg-devel] Warning from dependencies: 'fields::fastTpsMLE'

Wed Mar 2 15:54:07 CET 2022

On 2 March 2022 at 15:04, Jin Li wrote:
| I have recently tried to update a package with a new function based on an
| existing function `fastTpsMLE` in the `fields` package. It is working well
| on my computer without any errors. However, when the package was submitted
| to CRAN the following warning is received as detailed below:
| Check: dependencies in R code, Result: WARNING
|   Missing or unexported object: 'fields::fastTpsMLE'
|
| I was wondering if anyone could please guide me to get rid of this warning.
| Thanks a lot in advance.

Can you show us your sources?  Is there a public repository?

It might be as simple as you selectively importing from package 'fields' in
file NAMESPACE where you may just need to add an additinal import for the
newly added use of 'fastTplsMLE'.

But without access to a the code (== the minimally reproducible example) we
can only guess.

Hth, Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org