[R-pkg-devel] [Rd] trouble with package loading: Function found when exporting methods from the namespace ‘raster’ which is not S4 generic: ‘all.equal’

Patrick Giraudoux p@tr|ck@g|r@udoux @end|ng |rom un|v-|comte@|r
Tue Feb 1 16:16:47 CET 2022

A Master student of  us has just send us the way he has found to get out
of the problem met. Here is the translation of his mail:

I have updated R to 4.1.2 using updateR() of the package installr from
the R consol, specifying I want to keep the packages.

I have installed Rtools from there:
https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/rtools40.html

Then I have opened the consol and applied:

write('PATH="${RTOOLS40_HOME}\\usr\\bin;${PATH}"', file = "~/.Renviron",
append = TRUE)

then restarted R, and checked the RTools path applying:

Restart R, and verify that make can be found, which should show the path
to your Rtools installation.

Sys.which("make")
## "C:\\rtools40\\usr\\bin\\make.exe"

then install.packages("terra", type = "source")

It has solved the problem, pgirmess work without trouble now.

This fit with Roger's info about late updates from *.tar.gz and *.zip
on CRAN messing a standard installation.

Best,

Patrick