[R-pkg-devel] DBI namespace not found on check

Tue Feb 1 15:27:44 CET 2022

Dayne,

When debugging, splitting concerns into separable buckets ofteb helps.
Submission to CRAN, contrary what an increasing number of people appear to
believe does _not_ require use of certain packages (none or in fact
required), documentation styles (though WRE mentioned markdown now, still no
requirement), testing frameworks -- or for that matter where you store your
code and how you test it.

So in brief you could first concentrate on uploading your package, and
dealing with what R CMD check --as-cran and the test platforms (win-builder,
macbuilder, rhub, personal use of Docker or local machines, ...) give you.

And with that done, or in parallel, work out what goes off for you with
GitHub Actions_ which you are after all not required to use.  While there are
plenty of resources, I personally find the (widely used) GitHub Actions too
opaque and hard to debug / diagnose. I prefer a simpler scheme that relies on
a Docker container I provide (for my own use and use by others), and a setup
I can decompose and run (way more easily) locally. You can take a look at
https://eddelbuettel.github.io/r-ci/ and GitHub search should provide you
with a couple of usage examples.  That said, I am sure you will also find
helpful tips for use of GitHub Actions.

Cheers, Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org