[R-pkg-devel] LaTeX errors when creating PDF version, Error in texi2dvi

Anthony Hammond @gqh@mmond @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 24 11:58:20 CET 2022

Hello,

Since updating to the current version of R (4.1.2) I can't seem to pass the
R cmd checks, I get the below message. I've read a lot online about
installing and linking MikTex, which I've done. Another suggests I need the
function texi2dvi(), which is available in the tools package. So I'm not
sure what to do. Any assistance would be appreciated

Thank you
Anthony

checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR
Re-running with no redirection of stdout/stderr.
Hmm ... looks like a package
You may want to clean up by 'rm -Rf
C:/Users/ANTHON~1/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpqkDPxl/Rd2pdf3bb84cc32d1c'
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in running tools::texi2pdf()
* DONE