[R-pkg-devel] PREPERROR on Debian Linux, R-devel

Thu Jan 20 14:05:04 CET 2022

On 19 January 2022 at 21:37, Goldfeld, Keith via R-package-devel wrote:
| In doing the rhub checks (rhub::check_for_cran()), I received a curious PREPERROR from “Debian Linux, R-Devel, GCC ASAN/UBSAN”. I am wondering if this is something on my end that I can and should fix, or if it is something that is out of my hands.

I suggest "out of your hands" as I also often run there too (as the platform
is included in a 'wrapper' function in the rhub package) and always get that
PREPERROR. The logs often show OK but under ASAN/UBSAN something seems to
propagate the wrong way leading to an overall 'error'.  <man_shrugging_emoji_here>

I would just move on and ignore it. It seems like a long-lasting 'bug' but on
balance it is more valuable to actually have a ASAN/UBSAN instance than not.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org