[R-pkg-devel] R package not passing automatic checks

Sebastian Meyer @eb@meyer @end|ng |rom |@u@de
Fri Dec 17 15:38:02 CET 2021

Am 16.12.21 um 15:22 schrieb Lucas Godoy:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to submit an R package to CRAN. First of all, when I ran "R CMD
> check --as-cran" or "devtools::check()" locally I get no notes, warnings,
> or errors at all. The same is valid for CI using Github Actions. However,
> when I submit the package to CRAN, I get the following message
> ---
>
> * using log directory 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/smile.Rcheck'
> * using R Under development (unstable) (2021-12-15 r81383 ucrt)
> * using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
> * using session charset: UTF-8
> * checking for file 'smile/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
> * this is package 'smile' version '1.0.0'
> * package encoding: UTF-8
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> Maintainer: 'Lucas da Cunha Godoy <lucasdac.godoy using gmail.com>'
> ---
>
> I am clueless about what this NOTE means and have no idea on how to fix it.
>
> Any suggestions?

The "maintainer" line is no issue. But have you looked closely at the
remaining part of the CRAN incoming check that you have snipped ("....")
in the above copy? Sometimes there are

     Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:

which you need to fix or quote as appropriate (see
https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/packages/submission_checklist.html), or
explain that the listed words were wrongly flagged (if that is the case,
by replying to the auto-check e-mail).

Best regards,

	Sebastian Meyer