[R-pkg-devel] New CRAN checks on r-devel-windows-x86_64-new-UL and the installed fonts

Hiroaki Yutani yut@n|@|n| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 16 15:06:58 CET 2021

Hi,

My package is failing on CRAN check on r-devel-windows-x86_64-new-UL.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_string2path.html

It seems the problem is that there is no available font that meets the
condition in the following code. Is it irrational to assume at least
one TrueType or OpenType font is installed in the system?

    available_fonts <- systemfonts::system_fonts()$path

    # string2path supports only TrueType or OpenType formats
    ttf_or_otf <- available_fonts[grepl("\\.(ttf|otf)$", available_fonts)]

I'm wondering if I need to release a new version to avoid this test
failure. Note that, the other Windows r-devel machine
(r-devel-windows-x86_64-new-TK) doesn't fail. So, it might be just
that something is wrong with r-devel-windows-x86_64-new-UL.

Any suggestions?

Best,
Hiroaki Yutani