[R-pkg-devel] R Vignette Knitting Issues in CRAN Release

Eric Weine er|cwe|ne15 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 9 22:52:09 CET 2021

Hello,

I'm having an issue where my vignette created using R CMD build does not
match the vignette created using devtools::build_vignettes or when I knit
with RStudio. I posted about this issue on stack overflow here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70204611/vignette-table-of-contents-missing-when-package-published-to-cran/70205623?noredirect=1#comment124116982_70205623>.
Originally I thought that this might be related to an omission in the
DESCRIPTION file, but this no longer seems to be the case. Here is a repost
of my initial stack overflow post:

I recently released a vignette with version 1.1 of my R package. The Rmd
for the vignette can be found here
<https://github.com/eweine/qqconf/blob/master/qqconf/vignettes/qqconf_introduction.Rmd>.
When I create the vignette locally, I see author information and the table
of contents at the top of the vignette, as expected. However, when I
submitted this package to CRAN and the vignette was created there
<https://cloud.r-project.org/web/packages/qqconf/vignettes/qqconf_introduction.html>,
I no longer see the table of contents or author information. Does anyone
know why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Eric.