[R-pkg-devel] CRAN no longer checking for solaris?

Mon Dec 6 02:56:02 CET 2021

On 5 December 2021 at 17:23, Travers Ching wrote:
| I see that there doesn't exist a Solaris flavor on any CRAN check page.
| However, I'm certain that Solaris was being checked up until very recently.
|
| Is this just temporary?
|
| Is there any information for the future of Solaris on CRAN?

No "official" word yet on this list, r-devel or elsewhere, or via commits to
the CRAN Policy (which a cron job of mine monitors).

But Henrik was eagle-eyed and spotted a number of changes to the svn (or git
mirror thereof) writing Solaris out of the official documentation:

  https://twitter.com/henrikbengtsson/status/1466877096471379970

So yes it seems like an era is coming to a close.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org