[R-pkg-devel] Inconsistent available package dependencies

Michael Hellstern m|keh1 @end|ng |rom uw@edu
Tue Nov 16 03:33:12 CET 2021

Hi all,

I maintain a package (netgsa) that has been on CRAN since september 2021
and recently got an email about CRAN check failures. There are 2 errors and
1 warning. The failures are listed here:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_netgsa.html.

The failures are a result of Bioconductor packages. Both errors are about
package dependencies not being available (org.Hs.eg.db and/or ndexr) while
the warning comes from the vignette building failing which is caused by an
error in the graphite package. I checked and these packages were and still
are available on Bioconductor. The errors occurred on macOS 10.13.6. While
not exactly the same OS, I ran R CMD check --as-cran on my macOS 10.15.7
and did not get any errors or warnings. It seems odd that I would get a
package dependency availability error for only 2 flavors and that I would
not be able to reproduce this on a similar OS.

I searched online but have not found anything useful. I built the package
under R 4.0.2 which is now a little dated so am wondering if it is related
to this? Do I need to rebuild using the most recent version of R? Any
advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Mike