[R-pkg-devel] CRAN Mac Builder based on M1

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Wed Oct 20 21:52:13 CEST 2021

Dear Mac useRs.

I'm pleased to announce that thanks to the R Foundation and donations from users like you we are now able to offer a CRAN Mac Builder based on M1 hardware which allows package authors that don't have access to a recent Mac to check their package using the same process as CRAN:

https://mac.r-project.org/macbuilder/submit.html

The machine mirrors all CRAN packages nightly and uses the CRAN building and checking system[1] so the results should be as close to the CRAN setup as feasible.
The resources are limited, so do not treat this as a CI setup, but rather as a service for package authors to facilitate checks before CRAN submissions.

The setup is new and experimental, so please contact me for any comments, problem reports or suggestions regarding the Mac Builder. For any Mac-related questions, please use R-SIG-Mac instead of this mailing list.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] - https://svn.r-project.org/R-dev-web/trunk/QA/Simon/packages