[R-pkg-devel] How does one install a libtool generated libfoo.so.1 file into ./libs/?

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Tue Oct 19 11:00:12 CEST 2021

Pariksheet,

dynamic linking won't work, compile a static version with PIC enabled. If the subproject is autoconf-compatible this means using --disable-shared --with-pic. Then you only need to add libfoo.a to your PKG_LIBS.

Cheers,
Simon