[R-pkg-devel] Concise Summary For Any Variety Of R Function

Dario Strbenac d@tr7320 @end|ng |rom un|@@ydney@edu@@u
Tue Oct 19 10:00:10 CEST 2021

Good day,

I would like to create a concise show method for an S4 class that I am developing. One class slot stores a function specified by the end user. It could be a basic function, an S3 function, an S4 function. For S4 functions, I can get a concise representation:

> capture.output(showMethods(limmaSelection))[1]
[1] "Function: limmaSelection (package ClassifyR)"

If the user specified the function bdiag from Matrix, how could I generalise the show code to describe the function, such that the output would be "Function bdiag from package Matrix" and simiarly for an S3 function?