[R-pkg-devel] Internet resources and Errors

Hiroaki Yutani yut@n|@|n| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 24 17:28:13 CEST 2021

Hi,

Regarding Solaris, while the criteria is unknown, it seems Solaris can
be excluded from the CRAN check targets when there's a good reason not
to support Solaris. My package got a failure on Solaris check and I
resubmitted with the following comment, then Solaris disappeared from
the check results [1].

> I would like to request to exclude Solaris from the build targets because Solaris is not a supported platform by Rust. This should be in line with the treatments of other CRAN packages that use Rust; gifski, baseflow, and salso are not built on Solaris. I'm sorry that I didn't write this in the first submission.

Again, I'm not sure on what criteria they decided to accept my
suggestion. It's unclear if your package is the case. Some months ago,
I asked "How can I avoid Solaris build on CRAN?" on this mailing list
[2], but I got no reply. So, probably no one knows the right answer...

Best,
Hiroaki Yutani

[1]: https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_string2path.html
[2]: https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2021q3/007262.html

2021年9月24日(金) 23:50 Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-package-devel